We are searching for South Africa’s most enterprising women!
Santam, FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE are looking for the most impactful, resilient and inspiring female entrepreneurs in the country. If you’ve started a business recently, have been running your own enterprise for a while, or know of an enterprising woman, we want to hear from you!
The prestigious awards, which are in their seventh year, provide an opportunity to recognise and celebrate the most incredible female entrepreneurs in South Africa. We believe in women, and we believe that women-led businesses can change the economy – and the future of our country.
‘Over the past seven years, we’ve seen exactly how influential the Santam Women of the Future Awards are, both in terms of recognising the incredible entrepreneurial talent of South African women and in terms of how they have helped boost the winning businesses onto another level,’ says Suzy Brokensha, editor of FAIRLADY magazine. ‘Historically, South African women have been a force to be reckoned with, and these awards are the perfect showcase for their determination and innovation. I’m looking forward to what this year’s entries will bring!’
‘We have seen how these private social initiatives have a direct impact on South African families and communities,’ says TRUELOVE editor Makhosazana Zwane-Siguqa. ‘We are delighted to be part of this initiative once again, and are eagerly awaiting the applications from South African women who make a difference not just for themselves, but for their communities too, especially as we navigate a troubled economy during the Covid-19 pandemic.’
Santam’s many years of supporting women in business in South Africa have given the business valuable insight into the potential pitfalls of the entrepreneurial journey. Santam understands that the first 1 000 days of running a business are the hardest – if you’re still in business by day 1 001, they believe you’re in it for the long haul!
“We are very excited to continue our partnership with FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE on this journey of discovering talented and incredible women entrepreneurs who have started, and are operating successful businesses in South Africa,” says Mokaedi Dilotsotlhe, chief marketing officer at Santam. “I hope we will unearth more hidden gems and share inspiring stories about brave and courageous women that we are all yearning for.”
HOW IT WORKS
Entrepreneurs can enter one of three categories:
- The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is more than 1 000 days old and who is well on her way to establishing an extensive enterprise.
- The Santam Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old who is still within her first 1 000 days, but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond them.
- The Santam Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older who is making a real difference in her community. Her business/social enterprise/NPO has survived the first 1 000 days.
- R100 000 in cash to the Woman of the Future and R60 000 in cash each to the Rising Star and the Social Entrepreneur from Santam
- A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the business, social enterprise or NPO
- An hour’s invaluable mentorship with one of our judges
- A one-year supply of African Extracts Rooibos skincare products (beauty sponsor), worth R3 500
- A GetSmarter online short course, worth R11 900
- Leather accessories, worth R5 000, from Zemp
- Business printing, worth R5 000, from Lithotech
- A women’s branded watch, worth R6 599, from American Swiss Fine Jewellers
- A Samsonite Prodigy Spinner Expandable (55cm) carry-on, worth R5 000
With over R540 000 worth of prizes, winning a Santam Women of the Future Award is a true game-changer! With Santam’s expertise, the networking, contacts and inspiration of FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE, we’ll take you and your business to greater heights.
Head to womenofthefuture.co.za to enter or to nominate an entrepreneur. Entries close on 23 June 2021.
Call to enter video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNmO3nsv2EE