The South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF) has announced that it will host its annual event online this year, on 16 and 17 September 2021. Themed “Creating Industry Connectivity”, the Summit will explore the opportunities and challenges around building seamless supply chains, with an added mix of stories to motivate and inspire delegates.
Higher levels of connectivity and transparency are essential for the functioning - and successes - of supply chains. These developments have been accelerated over the past year, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“In our highly digitalised world, Industry 4.0 and its related-cutting edge technologies such as deep learning, machine learning and artificial intelligence, are driving unprecedented changes and bringing about both complex challenges and opportunities for freight forwarders,” says David Logan, Chief Executive Officer of SAAFF. “Connectivity, which is the seamless flow of materials, information, and financial resources along the supply chain, is key. Connectivity is enabled by two factors: information systems connectivity and physical connectivity.”
On the Agenda
The SAAFF Summit Programme has been carefully crafted to address connectivity challenges and opportunities. From e-commerce to enhanced trade and compliance, SMART borders to the Single Window, education to ethics, the SAAFF Summit covers topics essential for companies to not only survive, but thrive.
The speaker line-up includes experts and leaders from the private sector, governmental departments and non-governmental organisations, from around the globe.
Hosted by television personality and seasoned journalist Derek Watts, a mix of broad business topics and industry specific items will be covered over the two-day event, including:
- Political Overview by Ralph Mathekga - Political Analyst, Researcher and Author of "Ramaphosa's Turn”
- Ethical Leadership by Prof Jonathan Jansen – internationally renowned expert on education
- Navigating the World's Uncertainties - the Upside of Down, by financial journalist and radio host Bruce Whitfield
Industry-focused topics include:
- The Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement - Challenges and Opportunities for Global Value Chains: Regional and International Perspectives
- Industry Connectivity Through Collaboration
- Enhanced Trade & Compliance Efficiency: Unlocking the Single Window
- Synergised Connectivity: Other Government Agencies Digitised, Pioneering the Future, Creating a Seamless Supply Chain: The panel includes Nuran Lidin - Healthcare Manager for Africa: GS1 and Peter Varndell – CEO: NEPAD Business Foundation
- E-commerce – Harmonisation of Standards and Managing the Challenges of the e-commerce boom: featuring Garry Marshall, the CEO of the Express Parcel Association and Jason Blackman, Senior Director; Customs, Trade Compliance and Regulatory Affairs: DHL Express – Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ethics and the SARS WCO Integrity Diagnostic Mission
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out: A panel discussion including Dr Stavros Nicolau - Head, Health Working Group: B4SA.
- The Changing Aviation Centre of Gravity: a Look at the Next Ten Years
- Educate Today to Empower Tomorrow: the SAAFF Academy by Devlyn Naidoo, Executive: SARS and Other Government Agencies at SAAFF
Networking and Knowledge-Building
In addition to the talks and panel discussions, attendees will have many opportunities to build new relationships and renew existing ones, through several networking opportunities. The Summit’s online expo will comprise an array of industry service providers, industry organisations and companies.
Shipshape Software Solutions is a Silver Sponsor of this year’s Summit.
For more information or to register visit https://saaffsummit.co.za. For sponsorship or online expo enquiries contact Raelean Melaia at SAAFF on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 011 455 1726. For media or registration enquiries, contact Catherine Larkin from CVLC Communication at 083 300 0331 or email@example.com